Customer expectations have changed significantly in recent years with the proliferation of social media, mobile devices and location-based services. Companies have tried to capture the attention of customers through loyalty programs and promotions but those is changing too. 54% of consumers in the U.S. and Canada would consider ending their loyalty relationships if they were not given tailor-made, relevant content and offers. Customers now expect personalized content and offers at the right place at the right time. They will gladly go to your competitors for a better online offer or a better customer experience.
In order to personalize and “clever(ize)” your customers’ experience, you need a platform that is capable of what Forrester calls “really urgent” analytics. This means “Any business intelligence, metrics, or other operational data that is updated from the source continuously, or at the very most, every few minutes.”
To meet this challenge, you’ll need a high-performance data solution capable of some leading edge functions, including:
- Transferring and processing data from various data sources
- Dealing with high speed data-in-motion (e.g. Marketing data) along with data-at-rest (e.g. customer profile data)
- Detecting patterns in customer behavior and making the right offers
- Acting (e.g. sending coupons) on unique insights from your data
- Doing all of the above in real-time!
Software AG offers just such a solution. It features Apama real-time analytics seamlessly integrated with Terracotta BigMemory in-memory data management, low latency Terracotta Universal Messaging and Presto real-time data visualization. This offering is called Adaptive Intelligence.
One of our Telecom customers has developed a campaign to support roaming mobile users right after they get off the plane. The company uses Universal Messaging to transfer mobile user location data from their application servers to the Apama real-time analytics engine which helps to determine if the mobile user needs wireless roaming service. BigMemory ensures the user’s profile data is pre-loaded for fast predictable access. Another cellular carrier customer created a marketing campaign using Apama to analyze its big data fast (tens of thousands of call records per second) and instantly access user profile data by keeping it in memory. This customer achieved a $15 million revenue increase and a 10-fold increase in offer uptake in record time.
You don’t need to be in the Telco space to take advantage of this offering’s impressive capabilities in Customer Experience Management. Examples from other industries include:
- Retail: Sending coupons while customers are around or in your store and have a high propensity to buy
- Internet or Cable Service: Proactively reaching out to customers about a network outage before they experience diminished service
- Financial Services: Speeding the accuracy of fraud detection, preventing a bad transaction before it affects the customer
The use case applies equally well to spaces in Retail, Finance/Banking, Internet Service, Cable Service and more.
Are you ready to deliver right-time offers for a great customer experience?